[Chameleon] possible errors in the description of tags, other ambiguities

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Jul 7 17:21:12 EDT 2007

Hi

I noticed possible errors in the description of tags in chameleon.xml
and cwc2.xml. See:

cwc2.xml, service_instance_path:

It's description reads: "This is the URL to chameleon.php". Isn't this
a copy/paste typo from chameleon.xml web_server_path tag by any chance?
What should it be pointing at? An absolute filesystem path or an URL
according to my Apache settings?

chameleon.xml, wms_parse_file:

"Leave empty to use the Chameleon C module if available (faster and
brand new) or the built in PHP parser (slower and obsolete)."

This doens't make sense to me. It says, AIUI, that if I leave it empty,
either the C module, if available, or the PHP parser will be used. So
why do I need to put anything here? Do I? The exact question is: if my
full path to wmsparse is
"/home/etc/chameleon/htdocs/common/wmsparse/wmsparse", shall I put it
here like this or not?

Also, the descriptions of the following tags in the cwc2.xml do not
make it clear if these are supposed to be absolute filesystem paths or
URLs according to my web server settings:

server_data_path
default_context
default_template
context_root
template_root
fontlist_file
symbol_file

I think I know what the two last ones mean but the mixture of different
terms, some lacking info and my ignorance don't make me sure enough. I
would really be gratefull if someone knowledgable could explain this.

Also, the Instalation Guide on [1] is not up-to-date with current
Chameleon directory structure. And I'm not sure if I adapt it to the
current one properly.

All these issues and my lack of knowledge are to puzzling for me.
Please help.

[1]http://chameleon.maptools.org/help/viewer.phtml

Maciek