[Chameleon] Studio installation for chameleon

SHERIF NAGY demon_eg at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 12:33:47 EDT 2007

Hello Norm , Anand
           Anand i think u need to point the chameleon
path in config.local

Norm: the installation went fine and it is working
perfectly but i have 2 issues

1- when i try to make i get error about the CVS so can
u tell me CVSROOT i should use ?

2- in teh studio.xml file there is many options about
project / mapfile / data / etc / symbol ... all should
point to where my application mapfile is ? or what ? "
i tested only with sample_other.phtml from chameleon
it self "

Thank You for the help

Sherif Nagy

--- Anand Akmanchi <anandakmanchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> also tried setting the path as
> /ms4w/apps/chameleon-2.6.0rc1/htdocs/
>
> but its unable to find chameleon
> i also tried http://localhost/studio and
> studio_admin
> but i keep getting the "Error Finding Chameleon"
> page that indicates studio
> is not properly configured
>
> need some more help from you
>
> waiting for your reply
>
> Anand Akmanchi
>

> On 11/1/07, Normand Savard <nsavard at mapgears.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Normand Savard wrote:

>  your
> send
> Gadu Gadu
> > >>

> > > Sherif, Anand,
> > >
> > > I'm sending you the tarball (622kb) offline and
> then after I'll assist
> > > you on how to set up studio through the mailling
> list.  We always have
> > > to  cc the Chameleon mailling list.
> > >
> > > Norm
> > >
> > Here is what I did to install and configure Studio
> to make it work with
> > the SECTPopup widget.
> >
> > Norm
> >
> > A)The simple way on Linux:
> > 1.  Extract Studio in the same directory as
> Chameleon is (e.g. if
> > Chameleon is in /home/username/projects/, extract
> Studio in
> > /home/username/project).
> >
> > 2.  Edit studio/config/studio.xml and leave blank
> the Chameleon path :
> >
> > <app-context>
> >     <context-param>
> >         <param-name>chameleon_path</param-name>
> >         <param-value></param-value>
> >          <description>Absolute path to the root of
> a chameleon
> > installation. You
> > can leave it blank if chameleon is installed in
> the same directory as
> > Studio.  This value is a DIRECTORY</description>
> >      </context-param>

> > </app-context>
> >
> > 3.  Go to your Apache document root directory and
> add a symbolic link
> > that point out to studio/htdocs directory
> >
> > ln -s /pathto/studio/htdocs/     studio
> >
> > 4. Add SECTPopup widget in your application
> template:

> >       <!-- SECTPopup -->
> styleresource="TextButtons"
> > popupstyleresource="TextButtons" PopupWidth="300"
> PopupHeight="450"
> > Toolbar="false" Status="false" Menubar="false"
> Visible="true"
> > Scrollbars="true" Image="icons/icon_classify.png"
> Label="Style Layer"
> > ImageTip="Apply styles to layers" >
> >         <image state="normal"/>
> >         <image state="selected"/>
> >         <image state="hover"/>
> >       </cwc2>
> >

> > B)If you extract Studio not in the same directory
> as Chameleon on Linux.
> > 1.  Extract Studio in a directory that will be
> made accessible from the
> > Web.
> >
> > 2.  Edit studio/config/studio.xml and set the

<param-value>/path/to/chameleon/htdocs/</param-value>

=== message truncated ===>