[Chameleon] Geocoding Point Widget...

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Nov 15 13:47:00 EST 2007

Definitively interested.
I was thinking at something similar....
Why don't directly call google api, parse and get the lat long, convert
in current projection and render or zoom in?
The widget could ask for a google key parameters...
An the render should include a choiche of Nation, Region, Street,
number, etc....
in the case in the widget nation is specifyed the widget will not ask
for it as an input...

Make sense?

Cheers,
Maxi

Nolte, Tim wrote:
> Hey Fellow Chameleon Users,
>
> I have a custom widget that I've created that geocodes an address and
> plots the point on the map. I was just thinking today that perhaps other
> might be interested in such a widget and why not offer it up to the
> community. Currently the widget makes use of our own geocoding
> database/service that was built using Geo::Coder::US from
> http://geocoder.us and falls back on Google Maps API. I'm working right
> now to make this widget work for JSAPI mode as well. Anyways if anyone
> is interested I'd be happy to share my work.
>
> - Tim
>
> ----
> Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com
> Associate Network Planning Engineer
>
> iPCS Wireless, Inc.
> 4717 Broadmoor Ave, Suite G
> Kentwood, MI 49512
>
> Office: 616-656-5163
> PCS:    616-706-2438
> Fax:    616-554-6484
> Web: www.ipcswirelessinc.com

Dr. Massimiliano Cannata
Environmental & Geomatic Engineer

Institute of Earth Scences - SUPSI
Trevano, C.P. 72, CH-6952 Canobbio, SWITZERLAND

Tel:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 14
Fax:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 09
E-mail: massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch

Web: