AW: AW: AW: [Chameleon] WMS

Buchholz, Robert Robert.Buchholz at LUA.Brandenburg.de
Wed Oct 10 04:14:57 EDT 2007

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Normand Savard [mailto:nsavard at mapgears.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2007 16:36
An: Buchholz, Robert
Cc: chameleon at lists.maptools.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: [Chameleon] WMS

Buchholz, Robert wrote:

>>Hi Norm, List
>>
>>Sorry, this was a misunderstanding.
>>I mean, I can not see the data from the dmsolutions.ca wms server (no image) and I wonder why?
>>The wms layers of dmsolutions are add to the legend, but no image or
>>any kind of visual data presentation get displayed. Even at the unchanged example OGC Widgets
>>	Sample using widgets from the OGC widget group
>>->no image of dmsolutions.
>>What might be the problem?
>>

>Robert,
>
>If I understand correctly you're saying that the layers appear in the legend but there is no map.  I mean there is no data in the map area.
>Is that it?
>
>If this is the case, type in the following URL in you browser and tell me if you see any image:
>
>http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_world?service=wms&version=1.1.0&request=getmap&layers=WorldGen_Outline
>
>Norm

Hello Norm,

Yes, you understand correctly. The part in my mapfile states:
LAYER
    GROUP "WMS"
    CONNECTION "http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_world?"
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    DUMP TRUE
      METADATA
        "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
        "wms_onlineresource"  "http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_world?"
        "wms_name"  "WorldPlaces"
        "wms_formatlist"  "image/png,image/gif,image/jpeg,image/wbmp"
        "wms_format"  "image/png"
        "selected"  "0"
        "wms_server_version"  "1.1.0"
        "wms_title" "WorldPlaces"
      END
    NAME "l4:WorldPlaces"
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS OFF
    TEMPLATE "ttt"
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TYPE RASTER
    UNITS METERS
  END

Your link works with IE and Firefox. I can see the image.

Robert