RE: [Chameleon] Documentation available‏ Chameleon JSAPI mode

Nolte, Tim Tim.Nolte at ipcswirelessinc.com
Wed Jul 16 08:13:40 EDT 2008

Honestly, I don't know if you want to bother with trying to use JSAPI mode in Chameleon. That was my original goal about a year ago, and while I did get some help with getting some things to work there are really too many widgets that don't work right in JSAPI mode. I basically abandoned trying to go with JSAPI mode. I'm now moving our MapServer to the Fusion(MapGuide) framework. So far I've been able to get just about everything I needed that was standard in about a day. I still need to build a couple of my own custom widgets (yes they are called that there too). The amount of documentation still seems a little sparse, but not really that much more than Chameleon is. The other thing about Fusion is that it is a JavaScript/AJAX application right out of the box, and it has very active development. There hasn't been a new release of Chameleon for the last 10 months, so I don't see there being much of an active community of developers. You'll find Fusion at:

	http://trac.osgeo.org/fusion

----
Timothy J Nolte - tnolte at ilpcs.com
Network Planning Engineer