[Chameleon] Choose layers to display

Chorlton, Lesley Lesley.Chorlton at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Feb 2 17:00:56 EST 2009

Hello Bendouad

Actually our somewhat dated GSC World Mineral Deposits site application does what Bendouad wants and just what Julien-Samuel says by using two legend widgets:  ShowXML_Legend and XML_Themed_Legend, with a few extra legend template files.

Go to http://gdr.nrcan.gc.ca/minres/data_e.php or http://gdr.nrcan.gc.ca/minres/data_f.php

And select the browser-based option.   The select layers uses ShowXML_Legend and when layers ticked of and the map refreshed the legend for the chosen layers shows on the bottom.

As usual, there is always extra work involved in preparing custom map files and templates.  There are probably some extra custom rendering applications used; I am not the genius who set it up.   So it is possible.

Best regards

Lesley

Dr. Lesley Chorlton, P. Geo.
lesley.chorlton at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca, 613-996-9358
Natural Resources Canada, 601 Booth Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0E8
Ressources naturelles Canada, 601 rue Booth, Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 0E8
Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada