[Chameleon] FastCGI

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Tue Nov 30 13:23:28 EST 2010

Hi,

Chameleon won't use FastCGI because it doesn't use the mapserv CGI to
draw the maps. It use PHP/MapScript to draw the maps. So you have to
make sure PHP is an Apache module if you want the fastest performance
possible (although I'm not sure it's possible on Windows).

Julien

On 10-11-30 12:24 PM, Andreas Douvalis wrote:
> Hi
> I follow instructions of ms4w for fastcgi
> (http://213.207.42.55/README_INSTALL.html) and I just wonder if there is
> anything more to do with chameleon to be sure that fastcgi works.
> Is there any extra configuration of chameleon that I have to do for
> taking advantage of fastcgi?

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/