[Chameleon] ExtractData widget readfile connection refused on localhost

Jeff Hamm jeff at geoprism.ca
Wed Sep 29 14:13:11 EST 2010

I created a smaller test file, and confirmed that the readfile works with a URL, so I understand now that the problem lies in my VirtualHost configurations and redirects from my firewall.

By replacing the variable $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] with '127.0.0.1'  and configuring my apache to listen on that address I avoid the roundabout redirects that cause connection problems. Its a workaround while I improve firewall rules.

Thanks for the pointer Julian, it got me up with a working example from which I could isolate my problem.

Cheers,

Jeff H