[FGS] RE: Foss-gis-suite Digest, Vol 2, Issue 9

Mishtu Banerjee, SCIENTIFICALS mishtu_banerjee at telus.net
Tue Jul 27 19:50:39 EDT 2004

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:16:48 -0700
From: Tyler Mitchell <tylermitchell at shaw.ca>
Subject: [FGS] Ideas for configuring apache to use MapServer
To: foss-gis-suite at lists.maptools.org

> I too am nervous about a script that modifies apache conf, especially
since
> we're running on a test server that has a production apache setup running
> :)
>
> I'd love to see us try out a stand-alone web server just for this project.
> Anyway ideas?

I remember a couple of years ago Tyler sent me a CD with MapServer, and a
stand-alone WebServer that worked fairly well together. Does that still
exist??

Or perhaps, eventually, a custom piece built on:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-SimpleHTTPServer.html

... oh yah ... I second that sense of nervousness around modifying apache
conf while the website and TWiki's are all running in prod'n mode.

-- mb