[FGS] Re: tclhttpd with PHP

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 30 12:08:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 10:22, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> I like the compact nature of tclhttpd, a MB here or there doesn't really
> matter to me.  If there are ways to minimize the need for another complex
> package, then I'm still interested.  I haven't seen Apache wrapped up so
> tight that it is easily distributable and configurable like this.  Isn't
> Apache 25MB in MS4W or is that something else?

Apache 2.0.x is bigger than 1.3.x. With v2.0.50, there are big files in
lib/ that add 6MB to the 8.5MB total size.

> I know what you mean about Apache being a preferred distribution and should be
> something we support - but it is a package I was hoping to avoid us having to
> spend time on.  That said, if anyone has time to work on it, I'm definitely
> not opposed.

I worked on this (apache v1.3.31) :

- http://maxine.harmeny.com:8080/mapserver-demo/
- http://maxine.harmeny.com:8080/info.php
- a php_mapscript test will follow.

apache size: 1.1 MB + 800KB for icons files under /icons/ (optional)

mapserver + libgd + libcurl + libfreetype + apache + php + php_mapscript
= 25 MB (9MB in gz)

 Guillaume Dallaire              gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca