[FGS] Windows is an OS too

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Thu Jun 17 19:04:46 EDT 2004

You may have heard of that legacy system called "windows" - I don't want
it to fall off the radar too, but it certainly is a target platform for me
as well as linux.

The Windows Openev, ms4w and PostGIS packages have helped open this stuff
up a lot to a broader "off the shelf" end user group - it's been great.
I've also used autorun demo CD's using postgis and mapserver, as well as
static linked mapserver executables.

I know in some ways Windows is easier to handle and in some ways it may be
harder.  Any ideas of the different types of issues we will have to deal
with for one over the other?  I have access to a variety of windows
platforms.

Tyler