[FGS] Preliminary packaging

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 18 11:26:40 EDT 2004

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> You did this for openev_fw, but was that only windows?  That would at
> least be a good template for modules to use, etc.

Tyler,

I packaged up the python with the linux OpenEV_FW releases as well, though
in that case I am lagging a bit, still using python 2.2.  It is important
that the same major release (ie. 2.2) of python is used that matches what
the python modules were built against.

> Can you give us a brief summary of the env settings you set so we can test
> it out too.
> I assume it worked okay on maxine.

In general there should be 3 major environment variables that need to be set.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$FGS_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=$FGS_HOME/bin:$PATH
PYTHONPATH=$FGS_HOME/pymod:$PYTHONPATH

The following minor variables may also be important:

PROJ_LIB=$FGS_HOME/share/proj
GDAL_DATA=$FGS_HOME/share/gdal
GEOTIFF_CSV=$FGS_HOME/share/epsg_csv

For the OpenEV_FW releases, I actually setup a cover script for every
commandline program and python script that first set the appropriate
environment variables and then ran the real program/script.  We may need
to do the same or we may just explain to the user what they need to set.
I'm not sure about that yet.