[FGS] Preliminary packaging

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Fri Jun 18 11:31:17 EDT 2004

> I packaged up the python with the linux OpenEV_FW releases as well,
though
> in that case I am lagging a bit, still using python 2.2.  It is
important
> that the same major release (ie. 2.2) of python is used that matches
what
> the python modules were built against.

I saw that and realize too how tight the gdal/ogr py modules are tied to
python version too.

> For the OpenEV_FW releases, I actually setup a cover script for every
> commandline program and python script that first set the appropriate
> environment variables and then ran the real program/script.  We may need
> to do the same or we may just explain to the user what they need to set.
> I'm not sure about that yet.

That certainly has been a helpful approach - but do you really want to
wrap everything?  It would also be good to find a way of having a tool to
run that exports the settings and makes them persistent so that someone
can run it and hack away at the command line with all capabilities.