[FGS] Base updates

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 18 16:58:32 EDT 2004

Folks,

I have built odbc client support into OGR.
I have built the OGDI package into the base package.
I have patched up a few other things.

The fgs-base.tar.gz is updated accordingly.

I have gotten into the practice of writing a "fgs_configure" and "fgs_install"
script for each package I build and install.  At their simpliest the
fgs_configure is just "configure --prefix=/home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base" and the
install one is "make install", but it gives a place to do required hacks for
some packages.  For the ODBC client things are quite special since I only
install the client libraries (and include files).

I would encourage others to do the same so we can pick though how you have
done your builds if we need to.  Also, I would encourage everyone with a
shell account to "chmod g+r ~/." so that others can browse into your
directories to find out how you do stuff.