[FGS] Python and gdal module

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Fri Jun 18 19:05:29 EDT 2004

I've kinda got Python running - got some errors re: tkinter and Xlib.h but
was still able to compile and install.
It's under ~/fgs-pkgs/dev/python.

I can import the base python modules like os and sys okay.

When I try to import gdal it finds the modules okay, since my
base/setenv.sh environment is still set well.
But I'm getting errors.  Do you think it is related to version that gdal
was built against?  Do you want to build against my Python 2.3.4 source
instead?  It's in /home/tyler/fgs/python_src/Python-2.3.4.

>>> import gdal
# /home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/gdal.pyc has bad mtime
/home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/gdal.py: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces
in indentation
import gdal # from /home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/gdal.py
# can't create /home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/gdal.pyc
dlopen("/home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/_gdalmodule.so", 2);
import _gdal # dynamically loaded from
/home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/_gdalmodule.so
# /home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/gdalconst.pyc has bad mtime
import gdalconst # from /home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/gdalconst.py
# can't create /home/fgs/fgs-pkgs/base/pymod/gdalconst.pyc