[FGS] End-User objective

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 21 16:03:48 EDT 2004

> Do we need a standard way to
> package tutorials/datasets or is this too tightly intertwined with
> individual projects ?  Could it be worthwhile to think of a mechanism for
> developers to package their tutorials/sample_datasets in standardized
> formats that could be readily included into FGS?

I will be very interested in moving the tutorial datasets forward.  Of course,
that is a secondary objective, but it is nonetheless an objective for me.  A
portable tutorial/application environment will be very useful for many who
want to get started.  I'll also hope to have some end-user apps that take
advantage of the packaged tools, but all this stuff is gravy until we get a
base setup running.

Tyler