[FGS] setup scripts

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu Jun 24 13:28:34 EDT 2004

I think Frank will be addressing this (if I've read some recent traffic right).
But to clarify it for me:

When we install a package from the suite, how are we setting up required
environment variables, etc. as required for the package??

Such as modifying default paths, manpaths, etc.

As someone who is completely new to packaging software, my ignorance is pretty
complete. It seems to me the easy way is simple instructions as to what needs
to be done, without actually trying to do it automagically on all distros.

Brent