[FGS] X libraries on maxine

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Thu Jun 24 14:23:02 EDT 2004

> I was trying to build OpenEV with the GTK 1.x already installed on
> maxine, but I am having problems because it seems there are no X
libraries
> installed (or I am just not finding them).  How did you manage to build
> the GTK 2 stuff?  Or did you?

If they are there, then neither of us is finding them.  I didn't even get
to configure gtk yet, only got through glib and then stopped.

> Do we need to install some of the X packages on maxine so that we will
have
> a proper library environment for building gui packages?

Yes we do, I will look into it tonight.

Tyler
p.s. How many people on this list?  I'm getting copies of messages at home
quicker than at work.  And I'd swear I'm not getting them all at work.
It's kinda strange.