[FGS] libstdc++.so.5 Problem

Farley Klotz fklotz at axys.net
Tue Apr 26 10:23:29 EDT 2005

Hello,

We have downloaded and installed FGS from your site.  I have installed
it on on Fedora Core 4, because 3 was not happy with the updated bios on
the machine.

I'm getting errors from PHP and it seems the reason is that the
libstdc++.so.5 library is not available.  The dependency listings for
PHP, mapserver, gdal, etc all link to this library.

The only problem is, I cannot locate this library anywhere!

When I do a find I get:
./usr/share/doc/libstdc++-devel-4.0.0
./usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.4

Where can I find libstdc++.so.5?  Do I just need a dynamic link from
libstdc++.so.6.0.4?

When I hit a basic phpinfo.PHP page the output I get is this:

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin at axys.net and inform them
of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

When I check the log I see this:

PHP4: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open
[Fri Apr 22 10:26:22 2005] [error] [client 10.10.10.12] Premature end of
script headers: /opt/fgs/www/cgi-bin/PHP4

Do I just need to recompile PHP, MapServer, GDAL etc.?  If so could you
let me know your process or at least the options you used on each?

Thank you for your excellent work and dedication to open source
software.  I have MS4W running on a windows test box, it sure makes it
easy to get development machines up and running.

I am also running HOSTGIS Linux, have you seen their product?  They are
missing a few things - I have not been able to get Chameleon to run yet,
but for basic MapServer it is working fine.

Regards,

Farley

--
Farley Klotz
Analyst

copies of the original message plus any attachments.