[FGS] Install Process and Documentation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 27 10:17:34 EDT 2005

Hi Dave,

I think Vinko already answered your questions about the proxy.

With respect to the following question:

Dave wrote:

> Currently when I go to http://www.mysite.net:8000/gmap-demo/ I get "Page
> can not be displayed"......if I go to http://www.mysite.net:8000
> <http://www.mysite.net:8000/> I get the empty DIR htdocs.  From what I
> have looked at in the program files I would have thought htdocs should
> contain the Demo files?  Maybe I simply missed something and I am
> barking up the wrong tree.  I don't know.

It's normal for the htdocs directory to be empty. The way FGS (and also
MS4W) works is that each package that you install adds a file to the
fgs/www/conf.d directory that will create an Apache alias that points to
the application's htdocs sub-directory. So in your case you should have
a gmap.conf file in your fgs/www/conf.d.

I don't understand why you get a "Page can not be displayed" when you
try to access http://www.mysite.net:8000/gmap-demo/ ... perhaps you
could check the fgs/www/logs/error_log and see if you get anything that
helps explain the error. Also make sure that you indeed have a
fgs/www/conf.d/gmap.conf (or gmap-demo.conf) and that you have restarted
your FGS to make sure this .conf file has been loaded by Apache.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca