[FGS] Install Process and Documentation

Vinko Vrsalovic el at vinko.cl
Wed Apr 27 09:47:55 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:06:34AM -0400, Dave wrote:
> I have read and tried to understand this but it is not very clear.
>

> Redirecting main Apache to FGS's Apache
>
> If your Apache has been configured to bind a port other than 80 and you
> already have a web server running on port 80, you can add the following
> to your main Apache httpd.conf file to redirect to FGS's Apache:
>
>   ProxyPass        /directory/    http://fgsserver:port/directory/
>   ProxyPassReverse /directory/    http://fgsserver:port/directory/
>
> You could also use a redirection with iptables.
>
> Could you please post an example of what FGS requires in my main Apache http.conf.  If I do this will the entire site not be redirected to the FGS's Apache?

ProxyPass /gmap-demo/ http://localhost:8000/gmap-demo/
ProxyPassReverse /gmap-demo/ http://localhost:8000/gmap-demo/

in the apache that's running now on port 80.

Then, you'll be able to go to http://www.yoursite.net/gmap-demo/ and
Apache will redirect seamlessly the connection to your other Apache
instance running on 8000.

And no, only access to /gmap-demo/ will be redirected, the rest won't.
This, of course, means that you can't have a /gmap-demo/ being served
under the htdocs of the original Apache.

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>