[FGS] fgsdev and missing packages

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:10:13 EDT 2005

Folks,

I installed FGS on a couple of my systems today.  Very nice, and easy!

I noticed that installing OGDI did not OGDI enable GDAL.  Is it intended
to?  If so, how would that be handled?

I also tried to setup an fgsdev environment for GDAL and underlying
packages but I found that many of the required source tarballs are
no longer fetchable from their listed homes.  I wonder if it wouldn't
be better to host all the original source packages on the fgs site
as well, to make builds from source smoother?