[FGS] fgsdev and missing packages

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 4 14:51:01 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 14:10 -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I installed FGS on a couple of my systems today.  Very nice, and easy!
>
> I noticed that installing OGDI did not OGDI enable GDAL.  Is it intended
> to?  If so, how would that be handled?

If I remember well, I had a "strange" issue with OGDI + GDAL : I got
"Floating point exception" when running mapserver with GDAL built
against the --with-ogdi= option.

I guess I should retry to build GDAL with OGDI support and see if it
works now. (I think I got this issue with GDAL 1.2.5)

> I also tried to setup an fgsdev environment for GDAL and underlying
> packages but I found that many of the required source tarballs are
> no longer fetchable from their listed homes.  I wonder if it wouldn't
> be better to host all the original source packages on the fgs site
> as well, to make builds from source smoother?

True. One thing we could do is add a function that use an alternative
download site when the master fails, and it could be the FGS site. I
will add support for it, it's very easy.

Guillaume