[FGS] fgsdev and missing packages

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:52:41 EDT 2005

On 8/4/05, Guillaume Dallaire <gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> If I remember well, I had a "strange" issue with OGDI + GDAL : I got
> "Floating point exception" when running mapserver with GDAL built
> against the --with-ogdi= option.
>
> I guess I should retry to build GDAL with OGDI support and see if it
> works now. (I think I got this issue with GDAL 1.2.5)

Guillaume,

This sounds like what often happens if you have an old version
of PROJ from within the ogdi tree getting built in.  You need to take
particular care to use --with-proj when configuring OGDI or else
it will build in a copy of PROJ that conflicts with modern ones.

> > I also tried to setup an fgsdev environment for GDAL and underlying
> > packages but I found that many of the required source tarballs are
> > no longer fetchable from their listed homes.  I wonder if it wouldn't
> > be better to host all the original source packages on the fgs site
> > as well, to make builds from source smoother?
>
> True. One thing we could do is add a function that use an alternative
> download site when the master fails, and it could be the FGS site. I
> will add support for it, it's very easy.

Any reason for the FGS site not to be the primary?   No change required
to scripts, just cache a copy on the master.