[FGS] fgsdev and missing packages

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 9 07:58:43 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:52 -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On 8/4/05, Guillaume Dallaire <gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> > If I remember well, I had a "strange" issue with OGDI + GDAL : I got
> > "Floating point exception" when running mapserver with GDAL built
> > against the --with-ogdi= option.
> >
> > I guess I should retry to build GDAL with OGDI support and see if it
> > works now. (I think I got this issue with GDAL 1.2.5)
>
> Guillaume,
>
> This sounds like what often happens if you have an old version
> of PROJ from within the ogdi tree getting built in.  You need to take
> particular care to use --with-proj when configuring OGDI or else
> it will build in a copy of PROJ that conflicts with modern ones.

I tested a new GDAL FGS build (1.2.6) with OGDI (3.1.4) support and I
got no "Floating point exception" error. PROJ version is 4.4.8.

I uploaded this new build (fgs-gdal-base-1.2.6-linux-i386.tar.gz) on
maptools.org

To update a FGS runtime, run:

$ fgs install gdal-base:1.2.6 http://www.maptools.org/dl/fgs/modules

or