[FGS] Install FGS using Pre-existing Apache

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Aug 15 08:13:27 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 16:21 -0500, Trevor.Penney at novageomatics.com
wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Has anybody got any ideas on how to install the FGS to use an existing apache? I
> have read the archives, but the previous suggestion was to keep both apache's
> and jsut redirect. However, in order to conserve server resources I would like
> to install FGS without the appache, any suggestions on how to do it?

Hi Trevor,

Your Apache must be able to use a version of PHP that can load the
php_mapscript module. If you use the FGS's PHP as CGI (not as Apache
module), you should be able to get it working.

To use it, include the file $FGS_HOME/www/conf.d/php.conf in your
httpd.conf (make sure PHPRC is set (see $FGS_HOME/www/bin/httpd)).
Before starting your apache, you will have to source setenv.sh.

Guillaume