[FGS] 2 suggestions

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Wed Aug 31 10:58:05 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I have 2 suggestions which I came accross during installation today:

1) can the installation prompt for the ServerName to be used? Now it is defaulted to 127.0.0.1 which is good for a local install. But I seem to forget changing this all the time and then it seems like the website is running, but actually it is the one on my laptop :-)

2) I think it would be good to add

SetEnv "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" "/opt/fgs/lib"

to the Apache conf by default. I ran into issues because older libraries were found before the FGS ones.

An a side note, adding the statement to /root/.bashrc which the fgs installer suggests, caused WinSCP not to work anymore.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions