[FGS] php with postgres 8.0.3

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:43:20 EDT 2005

Hey folks,

   Nice job with fgs! I was able, with a few gottchas, to get fgs with
postgres/postgis running in about an hour. A big improvement compared
to compiling everything from source!

  Anyways, my question is this: I'm using postgres 8.0.3 but the
php-pgsql-module:4.3.11 seems to have a dependency with the older
version of postgres-lib. When I install the php-pgsql module it tries
to downgrades to postgres-lib:7.4.7.

I tried installing php-pgsql-module first then installing postgres8.
But when I try to use any of the php pgfunctions I get errors like:

Call to undefined function: pg_connect() in /opt/fgs/www/htdocs/db.php
on line 14

A call to /cgi-bin/fgs confirms that php_pgsql-module is installed.

Is there any way, using an fgs module, the get php to talk to posgtres
8.0.3?? Has anyone set this up and, if so, how?
--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com
http://www.perrygeo.net