[FGS] FGS Configuration Issue

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 7 14:24:14 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 11:26 -0500, David Fawcett wrote:
> Guillaume,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> > I just tried the gmap-demo FGS self-install file on a Fedora Core 3 box
> > and all went perfectly, did you install this file :
> >
> > http://www.maptools.org/dl/fgs/self-installers/fgs-gmap-demo-0.2.3-
> > linux-i386.bin  ?
>
> I didn't use this installer, because I had already installed the base
> FGS and then later realized that I wanted to install the demo.  What I
> did was download fgs-gmap-demo-1.0.0-linux-i386.tar.gz, unroll it and
> put it in a directory called /mapserver/gmap/
>
> In my httpd.conf, I created an alias called /gmap/ and set that equal
> to the above path (as instructed in install.txt).
>
> Is the bin install possible even after the base package is installed?

Here is how to install a package in FGS :

(I suppose the module has been download in /tmp/fgs-gmap-demo-1.0.0-
linux-i386.tar.gz)

$ fgs install gmap-demo /tmp

and the gmap installer will get executed and all requirements will be
done.

> > this is not the cause of the problem, but the correct URL is:
> >
> > http://127.0.0.1:8080/gmap-demo/gmap75.phtml   (-demo missing)
>
> I don't really think that  this is the problem.  The page is loading,
> but the application appears as though it can't write to /tmp/ms_temp/.
>  The directory '/opt/fgs/tmp/ms_temp/' exists and for the moment has
> chmod 777.
>
> I am wondering if it is trying to write to the actual directory
> /tmp/ms_temp/ as opposed to $FGS_HOME/tmp/ms_temp/.  Do I need to set
> an environment variable somewhere?

no, but since the gmap's installer hasn't been executed, it may be
possible that some configuration issues exist about the
$FGS_HOME/tmp/ms_tmp location.

You could try to add a symlink in /tmp for ms_tmp by running :

$ ln -s $FGS_HOME/tmp/ms_tmp /tmp/ms_tmp

(but I strongly recommend to re-install the gmap-demo with the fgs
install command (see above))

Guillaume

  Guillaume Dallaire               gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
  DM Solutions Group             http://www.dmsolutions.ca/