[FGS] FGS Configuration Issue

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:26:03 EDT 2005

Guillaume,

Thank you for your response.

> I just tried the gmap-demo FGS self-install file on a Fedora Core 3 box
> and all went perfectly, did you install this file :
>
> http://www.maptools.org/dl/fgs/self-installers/fgs-gmap-demo-0.2.3-
> linux-i386.bin  ?

I didn't use this installer, because I had already installed the base
FGS and then later realized that I wanted to install the demo.  What I
did was download fgs-gmap-demo-1.0.0-linux-i386.tar.gz, unroll it and
put it in a directory called /mapserver/gmap/

In my httpd.conf, I created an alias called /gmap/ and set that equal
to the above path (as instructed in install.txt).

Is the bin install possible even after the base package is installed?

> this is not the cause of the problem, but the correct URL is:
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/gmap-demo/gmap75.phtml   (-demo missing)

I don't really think that  this is the problem.  The page is loading,
but the application appears as though it can't write to /tmp/ms_temp/.
 The directory '/opt/fgs/tmp/ms_temp/' exists and for the moment has
chmod 777.

I am wondering if it is trying to write to the actual directory
/tmp/ms_temp/ as opposed to $FGS_HOME/tmp/ms_temp/.  Do I need to set
an environment variable somewhere?

In conf.d/mapserver.conf, I have Alias /ms_tmp/ "/opt/fgs/tmp/ms_tmp/"
 (which was created by the installer).

Any idea where to go next?

David.