[FGS] any plans for mygis ?

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jul 18 13:40:52 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 00:23 +0200, JM Bourdaret wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm currently using fgs because I couldn't get mapserver to compile.
> There is still a features that has not been integrated with any modules:
> myGIS.
>
> Is it possible to have a version compiled with --with-mygis ?
> It would be a great help to find a addequate webhosting for a mapserver
> project, since most web hosting is done with mysql.

Hi Jean-Marc,

I just compiled mapserver 4.4.2 with mygis support, to install it, run:

$ fgs force-install mapserver-base:4.4.2
http://www.maptools.org/dl/fgs/modules

(and if you use php-mapscript)
$ fgs force-install mapserver-php:4.4.2
http://www.maptools.org/dl/fgs/modules

I had no time to test it, but I don't see INPUT=MYGIS when I run :

$ $FGS_HOME/www/cgi-bin/mapserv -v

Please confirm me it's working or not for you.

  Guillaume Dallaire               gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
  DM Solutions Group             http://www.dmsolutions.ca/