[FGS] FGS questions

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Fri Jul 29 10:46:41 EDT 2005

Hi list,

First of all thanks for this great piece of software!

I have used FGS successfully on SuSe Linux 9.1 and Red Hat Enterprise 3.

I do have a few questions/remarks.

1) Why is the script trying to create a user apache, on many systems not allowed? Why not let the script prompt for the user and its group, since on many systems there is already a user like www. Also the apache.init script does not use the variables which are set there for user and group, or does it?

2) Why is the fgs-mapserver-php-4.6.0-linux-i386.tar.gz so small compared to the 4.4.2 version? I got my Chameleon apps to work with 4.4.2, but with 4.6 I got an internal server error.

3) Is there by any chance a php_oci8 module available for FGS? If there is not, how could I create one or does anyone know another location to get it from?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden