[FGS] FGS questions

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 29 11:08:15 EDT 2005

Hi Bart,

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 16:46 +0200, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> 1) Why is the script trying to create a user apache, on many systems not allowed? Why not let the script prompt for the user and its group, since on many systems there is already a user like www. Also the apache.init script does not use the variables which are set there for user and group, or does it?

This is when you install FGS as root. Apache doesn't accept to run as
root. It needs a normal user.

It could be a good thing to allow the user to ask an user login for
apache (by default, 'apache' user could be suggested). I will add this
feature for the next build of the apache FGS module.

> 2) Why is the fgs-mapserver-php-4.6.0-linux-i386.tar.gz so small compared to the 4.4.2 version? I got my Chameleon apps to work with 4.4.2, but with 4.6 I got an internal server error.

I just removed it. I should not have put this module, it was not well
tested, sorry :(

I'm in the process of building a new module for mapserver 4.6.

> 3) Is there by any chance a php_oci8 module available for FGS? If there is not, how could I create one or does anyone know another location to get it from?

Not yet. With fgs-dev, you can build your own FGS module. I will contact
you off-list for more details.

Guillaume

  Guillaume Dallaire               gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
  DM Solutions Group             http://www.dmsolutions.ca/