[FGS] Installation problems

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Mon May 16 09:25:47 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 05:53 -0700, joanvp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install last version of FGS base with Chameleon on
> Fedora 3. But it doesn't work for me (I'm new in Linux world).
>
> I've followed step by step How to Install FGS, and all works fine. But
> when I try to test the installation
> (http://localhost/chameleon/samples/sample_basic_buttonizer.phtml) I
> just can see an Apache error message.
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /chameleon/admin/index.phtml was not found on this
> server.
>
> Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora) Server at lisboa Port 80

Apache/2.0.52 is the apache installed by default on your system.

The installer installs its own web server. If you install FGS as a
normal user (not as root), you should have been asked to specify a TCP
port number, and by default it proposes 8080. Then to access the demo,
you should use:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/chameleon/samples/

You can see on what TCP port your FGS's apache runs with this command:

$ cd /path/to/your/fgs/
$ . setenv.sh
$ cat $FGS_HOME/etc/fgs/pkgs/apache-base/apache.conf

Guillaume

  Guillaume Dallaire               gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
  DM Solutions Group             http://www.dmsolutions.ca/