[FGS] FGS on Debian

Guillaume Dallaire gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 24 12:44:49 EDT 2005

Hi Neil,

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 11:13 -0500, Neil Best wrote:
> Hello, FGS users.  I am interested in hearing from people who are using
> FGS on Debian systems to get an idea of pros and cons folks have
> observed.  I have a Debian/testing box running MapServer using .debs
> from various repositories which hasn't been updated in a while because I
> am tentative about breaking dependencies.  On the other hand I am
> hesitant to adopt a spearate installation tool without knowing how
> nicely it plays with others and whether it will make my job easier or
> harder.  Thanks for your anecdotes and sage advice.

One nice thing about FGS is that it doesn't interfere with stuff
installed on the target system. All the stuff is stored in one directory
and is completely isolated. It means that you can install FGS in, for
example, /opt/fgs, run it to see if it works for you and if you don't
like it, you just remove /opt/fgs.

Guillaume

  Guillaume Dallaire               gdallaire at dmsolutions.ca
  DM Solutions Group             http://www.dmsolutions.ca/