[FGS] Re: MapServer R5.0: Error installing mapserver-php with fgs

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 16 16:45:59 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> However, anyone preparing a .bin self-installer still needs to manually
> include that package in the package list if they want it as nothing has
> a direct fgs dependency on it.  Perhaps we should make it standard somehow?

That's what I was thinking, perhaps making it a dependency of the
fgs-base package? Or a cleaner approach would be to make it a dependecy
of all packages that depend on libstdc++, but that would require more work.

Actually, a quick shell script loop on my current FGS tree reports that
the following packages depend on libstdc++:

   gdal
   mapserver
   xerces_c
   libecw
   geos

Norm, can you take care of adding the dependency to those packages?
Perhaps also file a bug to document the issue and the fix.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/