[FGS] Missing Libraries

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Jul 2 10:48:49 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> A correspondant of mine is trying to run FGS on a modern Fedora of some
> sort
> and finds he is missing a bunch of libraries, including:
>
> libstdc++.so.6
> libgcc_sw.so.1
> libz.so.1  (this is found in /usr/lib/ but the error here is "wrong ELF
> class".
> libgcc_s.so.1
>
> I gather he has eventually got things running by pulling these from other
> places, such as FWTools.
>
> If we want FGS to run on a wide variety of intel linux system should we try
> and provide a mechanism to provide "backup copies" of these libraries when
> the system doesn't have them?

There is a libstdc++ package in fgs-dev/pkg_dev/libstdc++ that grabs the
libstdc++ from the system where FGS is built and packages is as an
optional package to install. Installing it may require manual steps for
the user... not exactly sure. Guillaume would know if he still reads
this list.

I see a fgs-libstdc++-lib-5.0.7-linux-i386.tar.gz at
http://dl.maptools.org/dl/fgs/modules/0.2/ which must correspond to the
system where FGS-0.2 was built.

Daniel
--