[FGS] setenv.sh / aliases

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 3 14:13:04 EDT 2007

Folks,

I encountered someone in #mapserver today trying to use FGS and they
had severe problems because they had an alias for ls.  This gummed
up the operation of the following in setenv.sh:

# Load module's setenv.sh files
for others_setenv in `ls -1 $FGS_HOME/etc/fgs/pkgs/*/setenv.sh 2>/dev/null`; do
     . $others_setenv
done

I don't see why ls was being used at all, and I've committed a change to
make this:

# Load module's setenv.sh files
for others_setenv in $FGS_HOME/etc/fgs/pkgs/*/setenv.sh ; do
     if [ -r $others_setenv ] ; then
       . $others_setenv
     fi
done

The extra if statement in the loop is to make it robust when there is
no expansion of the regular expression - which didn't seem to be handled
well by the old code either.

Let me know if anyone sees a reason why my change is bad.

/me takes increasing liberties with FGS...