[FGS] Success!

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Thu Jul 12 11:44:22 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> OK, I have successfully build updated FGS installers and modules on
> the download.osgeo.org system.  I have also incorporated the
> gdal_ecw-module
> and gdal_python-module for an ECW plugin, and GDAL python support.
>
> The modules directory is:
>
>   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/fgs-modules
>
> A GDAL focused installer is available as:
>  http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/fgs-modules/fgs-gdal-python-1.4.2-linux-i386.bin
>

> A self installer with mapserver, python mapscript and I presume all
> the usual
> php stuff is available as:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/fgs-modules/fgs-all-0.3a-linux-i386.bin
>
> I have the self-installers defaulting to install libstdc++ as I found
> the FC4'ish dependency was not present on my Ubuntu system I use for
> testing.
>
> Almost all my changes are checked into CVS.  I'd appreciate those who
> make the "standard distribution FGS" stuff doing a test build to ensure
> I haven't seriously broken anything.

Frank,

I'm trying to build a fgs package that includes gdal_python.  I get the
following error:

python setup.py build
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "setup.py", line 4, in ?
   import os
ImportError: No module named os
make: *** [build] Error 1

I know that it is because fgsdev is using the version of Python on the
computer I'm building the package on which is 2.3.5, instead of using
the version built with fgs.  I check in your makefile that is called by
fgs_build and you use "python setup.py build".  I know that for
python_mapscript I have to use "$FGS_BUILD_HOME/python/bin/python
setup.py build" in order to call the correct python interpreter.  I saw
that you set $PYTHONHOME environment variable but it seems to have no
effect in selecting the correct python binary.

Do you have any suggestion?

Norm