[FGS] Uninstalling an FGS package

Alan Hale alan.hale at btclick.com
Sun Nov 25 04:50:18 EST 2007

I realised I had not got the latest Mapserver-Chameleon FGS package
installed and wanted to remove and install the latest.  Naively perhaps
I just deleted the fgs directory. But when I installed the later version
(or the original version again) neither the Chameleon samples nor the
FGS "home page" will show up. I am clutching at straws, but could this
be because I have not correctly uninstalled the original installation?
Is there an issue as well if you do not do fgs stop before deleting?

fgs-chameleon_2.2.1-1.3-linux-i386.bin was my original installation, then
fgs-chameleon-2.4.1-1.9-linux-i386.bin

In sonme panic.

Alan Hale
Aberystwyth