[FGS] oci8 & fgs-mapserver_4.10.3-fgs_1.0.0-linux-i386.bin

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Wed Jul 23 13:38:07 EDT 2008

Daniel Muñoz Castro wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to connect to a Oracle server whit the package
> "fgs-mapserver_4.10.3-fgs_1.0.0-linux-i386.bin", but it is impossible,
> because it was not compiled whit this function, I have read an email that
> talks about it
>
> "Yes you need to build a PHP module for OCI8 support. FGSDEV has this
> option (an OCI8 module has been asked before). We cannot distribute
> because there is licensing issue.
>
> I can build this module for you, what version of PHP do you use ?"
>
> Guillaume
>
> In the final lines, Gillaume propose he can build this module, I appreciated
> this help to much. In other way, if any body can send to me the sources, I
> will try to do it.
>
> Versions
>
> * mapserver 4.10.3
> * php 5.2.5
> * oracle 10g

Daniel,

It was our intention to make the virtual machine that was used to build
this FGS release (1.0) available for download but we have to solve how
to handle the download server for this.  In the meantime I can give you
a temporary access to one of our server for downloading this machine.
Otherwise we can build the Oracle module for a fee.  You can contact me
off list for this.  Please let me know which way you prefer.

Norm