[FGS] FGS and MrSID support in GDAL

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 25 14:43:51 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I'm also hopeful that mpg will assist us in ensuring
> legitimate approaches (from the lizardtech requirements side of
> things) for OSGeo4W and perhaps FGS.

I had discussions with mpg on this same topic when I added mrsid support
to ms4w, and he informed me that I must include the following license text:

*****
Portions of this computer program are copyright (c) 1995-2005
LizardTech, Inc.
All rights reserved. MrSID is protected by U.S. Patent No. 5,710,835.
Foreign
Patents Pending.
*****

So actually when you install ms4w a file 'mrsid-license.txt' lives at
the root, and the README section of MS4W's license contains that
declaration as well.

-jeff