[FGS] MrSID Support

Wendell Dingus wendell at bisonline.com
Mon Jun 15 13:48:25 EST 2009

Yeah, this is an X86_64 system. One of our folks just added in an "-m32" to the gcc line and it compiled without complaint, but afterwards:

[root at gis logs]# gdalinfo --formats
ERROR 1: /opt/fgs/apps/gdal/driver/gdal_MrSID.so: undefined symbol: _ZN14GDALRasterBand19ComputeRasterMinMaxEiPd
ERROR 1: /opt/fgs/apps/gdal/driver/gdal_MrSID.so: undefined symbol: _ZN14GDALRasterBand19ComputeRasterMinMaxEiPd

Should we just install FGS (9.5 I presume) on a 32-bit machine to get this linked in and move the resulting file back to this box?? We've tried running the "linux32" shell to fake it into thinking it's fully 32-bit instead of 64-bit, etc... No luck so far. I'd have guessed that's because 64-bit OS libraries are installed and not always the 32-bit equivalents are (this is on CentOS 5.3 BTW). But FGS appears to be built static, so that shouldn't matter right?

Thanks.

PS. You said "Make sure you use the 64 bits version of Geo_DSDK-7.0.0.2167". I got that and un-tarred it to a different path. Trying to use it fails because it wants to link against a 64-bit version of libgeotiff which isn't there because as far as I know FGS is only offered compiled as 32-bit?