[FGS] Starting apache error: httpd cannot execute binary file

Normand Savard nsavard at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 18 10:18:05 EST 2009

Hao,

Answer inline.

Regards,

Norm

Hao Zhang wrote:
> There is no php5 in my cgi-bin ($FGS_HOME/www/cgi-bin/). I checked
> your FGS (1.0), there is no php5 in the cgi-bin as well. I compared
> php5.conf files:
>
> [Your version - FGS 1.0]:
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
> LoadModule php5_module        libexec/libphp5.so
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.phtml
> PassEnv PHPRC

This indicates that PHP is compiled as a module.  This is the normal
configuration of this package.  You could see this in the fgs_build of
this package.

> [My version]:
> AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php .phtml
> Action application/x-httpd-php5 /cgi-bin/php5
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.phtml
> PassEnv PHPRC

PHP is compiled as a cgi.  Somehow it happens that the conf file
"php.conf-php_as_cgi" is executed instead of "php.conf-php_as_module".
> However, I cannot find libphp5.so anyway in my $FGS_HOME (no
> $FGS_HOME/www/libexec at all!). Do you think it is because php is
> built or configured wrong?

Did you change something in your fgs_build?  You could check how php is
compiled in your php/config.log and php/config.status.