[FGS] Starting apache error: httpd cannot execute binary file

Hao Zhang hao at zhang.nu
Thu Oct 29 10:31:19 EST 2009

Hi Normand,

I am trying to build FGS from source. When it comes to build mapserver
package using mapserver-5.4.2.tar.gz,
it complains and aborts:

[... blabla ...]
In file included from mapswf.c:41:
mapswf.h:37:18: error: ming.h: No such file or directory
In file included from mapswf.c:41:
mapswf.h:46: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘SWFMovie’
mapswf.c:57: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before
‘GetCurrentMovie’
mapswf.c: In function ‘StoreDblData’:
mapswf.c:69: error: ‘SWFObj’ has no member named ‘nDblDatas’
mapswf.c:70: error: ‘SWFObj’ has no member named ‘nDblDatas’
mapswf.c:71: error: ‘SWFObj’ has no member named ‘DblDatas’
mapswf.c:73: error: ‘SWFObj’ has no member named ‘DblDatas’
mapswf.c:78: error: ‘SWFObj’ has no member named ‘DblDatas’
mapswf.c:79: error: ‘SWFObj’ has no member named ‘DblDatas’
mapswf.c:82: error: ‘SWFObj’ has no member named ‘DblDatas’
[ ... a lot of error lines ...]
mapswf.c: At top level:
mapswf.c:3469: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’
before ‘GetCurrentMovie’
make: *** [mapswf.o] Error 1
! ./fgs_build: Fatal error returned, exiting...

It seems that ming.h file is missing in the directory of mapswf.h file. Have
you experienced the same problem when you built mapserver package?

ia32-libs is not available for sparc architecure but only for amd64 and
ia64.

Regards,
Hao