[FWTools] Re: ms4w, GDAL_DATA and ogr

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Apr 1 13:19:57 EST 2005

Hi Richard,

This is an interesting one, so i've CC'd the FWTools list as well for
assistance.

What i do know is that the GDAL_DATA environment variable is used for
GDAL to find supporting files.  For MS4W, GDAL_DATA is set to
/ms4w/tools/ogr-utils because that directory contains supporting files
for S57 data.  But i now see that /FWTools0.9.6/data/ does contains many
more reference files.

Are those missing reference files in MS4W causing your problem?
Hopefully someone from the FWTools list can help us out.

PS. For MapServer debugging I add the following to my httpd.conf:

   SetEnv MS_ERRORFILE "/ms4w/tmp/ms_errorfile.txt"

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.