[FWTools] FWTools Shapes Refresh Problem

David Legault dlegault at vantpoint.com
Tue Apr 5 10:18:55 EDT 2005

Hello Frank,

I've been developping stuff for OpenEV recently and the contractor asked me to move on to FWTools to test compatibility.

I found an issue which I can't find the cause which works in OpenEV, but fails in FWTools.

Basically, I have an image and when the user clicks on the map, it displays, using a shapes layer, a rectangle of fixed width thats surrounds the clicked location. This rectangle is then plotted into another gui window which works fine. The problem encountered is that when the user clicks elswhere, the original rectangle is deleted (the shapes of the layer are deleted) and the new one is added to the shapes.

Now in OpenEV 1.80 the refreshing worked just fine, but in FWTools, it draws the rectangle once and on any subsequent clicks, the rectangle isn't drawn to the new location and what more, the original rectangle stays drawn even if it's confirmed that there aren't any shapes left in the object.

Thanx

David