[FWTools] Using FWTools with Windows - basic question

John Tilley john at tilley.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 14:08:57 EST 2005

Frank - I am new to FWTools - but I have installed FWTools on Windows XP
- using your command shell I can run ogrinfo for an esri shapefile
successfully - the path has to be in double quotes.

How do I access VMAP0 data? I believe that your package contains OGDI
vector support and that I have to access VMAP0 data using gltp with the
vrf driver.

If I run ogrinfo --formats there is no vrf driver - there is an OGDI
driver and a VRT driver. Naturally it reports that there is a shapefile
driver - as I successfully used it.

I would appreciate some help please.

Thanks - John

--