[FWTools] Using FW Tools with Windows XP

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:57:18 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:42:30 +0000, John Tilley <john at tilley.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I would appreciate any hints on how to use FW Tools with Windows - I
> just can't open the dataset when its VMAP0. I have tried to follow
> Frank's hint in reply to my earlier email that the file format is:
>
> gltp:\vrf\E:\vmap0\v0eur\vmaplv0\eurnasia
>
> if the VMAP0 data is at E:\vmap0\v0eur\vmaplv0\eurnasia

John,

FWTools downloads run about 3:1 in favor of windows.
So most FWTools users are on windows.

The tricky part about using the gltp urls in OpenEV is
that you can't enter non-filenames in the GUI.  You need
to launch from the commandline with the gltp url.

eg.
1) open fwtools shell
2) type "openev gltp:\vrf\E:\vmap0\v0eur\vmaplv0\eurnasia"

Good luck,