[FWTools] Problems with openev suse 9.0

José Vicente Higón Valero higon_jos at gva.es
Fri Mar 11 03:10:43 EST 2005

Hi all,
I have compiled mapserver an gdal in suse 9.0.I've got a error trying
to read a layer which data source is an image ECW with 17Gb. The client
WMS is gvSIG and the error:

"msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer
named'ortofotos'.An error has occurred: Error 48 "Could not perform
Read/Write onGDALRasterIO() failed: drawGDAL(): Unable to access file.
GDALRasterIO() failed: drawGDAL()"

If the data source is an image with a few mb, I haven't got any problem.
I would like to repeat this problem with FWtools-0.9.6, I want to read
this large file with it (openev) but a error happen:

"openev: line 25:  5338 Instrucción ilegal
${OPENEV_HOME}/pymod/openev.py "$@" "

as a matter of fact I can't read any image with openev.
Thanks in advance.